The CEO of Amazon Jeff Bezos is now the richest person in the world for the second time. He was the richest man in the world a couple of months ago after he passed Bill Gate. But his kingship lasted for a day.
A post-earnings surge in Amazon.com Inc. shares Friday pushed Jeff Bezos to the top of the Bloomberg Billionaires Index for the first time, vaulting him ahead of Bill Gates who had held the top spot as the richest person on Earth for more than four years.
When Forbes published The FORBES 400 list of richest Americans earlier in October, Bezos was the second richest person in America, worth $7.5 billion less than Gates. According to the Forbes Bezos first joined the Forbes 400 in 1998, one year after Amazon went public, with a net worth of $1.6 billion.
Bezos is now the richest person in the world with a $93.1 billion fortune, up $10.3 billion from Thursday. He is currently $3.1 billion richer than Gates, who ended the day with a net worth of $90 billion.
Via | Forbes |
- Bullet Pays Emotional Tribute To Late Ebony Reigns
- Tiger Eye Is A Criminal Organization –Nyantakyi Speaks On Anas Exposé
- Ghanaians Remember Late Ebony Reigns As She Died Exactly A Year Ago (Photos)
- Becca Welcomes First Child, 6 Months After Marriage (Details)
- Mr. Kwarteng Has Finally Revealed The Date For Ebony’s One Year Anniversary (Details)