No PC or Smartphone Needed.
Oculus is announcing a new standalone VR headset that will sit in the middle of its lineup between the mobile Gear VR and high-end Oculus Rift, called Oculus Go. According to TheVerge. Oculus Go will make its debut early next year for a price tag of $199. The Oculus Go will not require the use of Phone or computer in order to use it. The CEO of Facebook pointed out that, the Oculus Go
Is a way to reach his next goal for Oculus: getting one billion people in VR.
Unlike the Oculus Rift, which needs to be connected to a PC, or smartphones before you can use. The new Oculus Go is entirely self-contained.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg says this is the “most accessible VR headset ever.”
Oculus head Hugo Barra calls Go “hands-down the easiest way to get into VR.”
It is reported that the Oculus Go will come with a 2560×1440 screen, and spatial audio built into the headset, which can be used without headphones. It also comes with a controller that’s similar to the Gear VR’s remote.
We will give you the update on this particular story as they come available. But for now, tell us what you think about this in the comment below or on any of our social media pages @ghmediahut.
Image Credit: TheVerge
- YouTube Takes Down Strongman’s “Odo” Song Cover With Sarkodie And Akwaboah
- Donald Trump Says Huawei Can Resume Trade With US Companies
- WATCH: Kofi Kinaata’s “Adam & Eve” Official Video
- Watch: Medikal’s ‘Drip’ Official Video Featuring Joey B And Kofi Mole
- Watch: King Promise’s ‘Bra’ Official Music Video Featuring Kojo Antwi