No PC or Smartphone Needed.
Oculus is announcing a new standalone VR headset that will sit in the middle of its lineup between the mobile Gear VR and high-end Oculus Rift, called Oculus Go. According to TheVerge. Oculus Go will make its debut early next year for a price tag of $199. The Oculus Go will not require the use of Phone or computer in order to use it. The CEO of Facebook pointed out that, the Oculus Go
Is a way to reach his next goal for Oculus: getting one billion people in VR.
Unlike the Oculus Rift, which needs to be connected to a PC, or smartphones before you can use. The new Oculus Go is entirely self-contained.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg says this is the “most accessible VR headset ever.”
Oculus head Hugo Barra calls Go “hands-down the easiest way to get into VR.”
It is reported that the Oculus Go will come with a 2560×1440 screen, and spatial audio built into the headset, which can be used without headphones. It also comes with a controller that’s similar to the Gear VR’s remote.
We will give you the update on this particular story as they come available. But for now, tell us what you think about this in the comment below or on any of our social media pages @ghmediahut.
Image Credit: TheVerge
- Stonebwoy Wins Favorite African Star At The 2019 Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards
- Meet the Ghanaian who took a ship to the U.S. for blacks to voyage back to Africa
- Sad News: More Than 70 Dead In Tamale-Kintampo Accident, After Two Buses Collided
- I don’t Believe The Bible; Bible Stories Are Fairy tales – Actress Efia Odo
- Listen Up: Sarkodie – Friends To Enemies ft. Yung L