Rapper Nicki Minaj is the latest cover star of Elle and she has opened up on her being single for the first time in a while.
According to Nicki, this is the first time she has been single since turning 15.
In her words;
‘As soon as I realized that I could actually live and breathe, and eat and sleep, and walk and talk, without having a boyfriend, something clicked in me….Becoming single was one of the things that made me feel strong and powerful.
‘The fact that I am a young woman who doesn’t need a man for money. I don’t need a man for a job.
‘I’ve never had to f*ck for beats. I’ve never had to f*ck for a record deal. I don’t have those pressures. I get up when I want, shop when I want.’
She continued: ‘I remember feeling like I could do anything at one time in my life and somewhere along the line, I just started second guessing myself for whatever reason.’
- YouTube Takes Down Strongman’s “Odo” Song Cover With Sarkodie And Akwaboah
- Donald Trump Says Huawei Can Resume Trade With US Companies
- WATCH: Kofi Kinaata’s “Adam & Eve” Official Video
- Watch: Medikal’s ‘Drip’ Official Video Featuring Joey B And Kofi Mole
- Watch: King Promise’s ‘Bra’ Official Music Video Featuring Kojo Antwi