View this post on Instagram
Yesterday evening, I launched the new Smart Card for driver's license and vehicle registration. Government has tasked the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) to work to ensure that drivers and vehicle owners go through the processes of acquiring the cards with ease to facilitate road transportation and safety.
The Vice President of Ghana on Tuesday, 7th November 2017, has launched the much anticipated smart driver‘s license, an initiative of the Drivers and Vehicles Licensing Authority (DVLA) across the country.
The new Smart Driver’s License is claimed to be among the most secured smart card in the world.
Cheyuo Wienna Musah who is the Director in charge of Driver Training, Testing and Licencing at the DVLA, pointed out that the card will be West Africa’s first.
We all know the stress drivers have to go through in order to obtain a Drivers license. Well, the new Smart Driver’s License is expected to solve this cancer and also to improve dwindling revenue from the DVLA.
The smart device has a contactless chip to ensure good storage of bio-data and drivers information.
It will also make use of the latest technology for secure ID printing that can be easily integrated with other systems of the DVLA.
Here are some of the benefits of the card as highlighted at the launch.
1. It is expected to enhance the vehicle registration process because application and processing could be done online.
2. It simplifies the transfer of ownership of motor vehicles registered in another jurisdiction and eliminates the composition of transfer letter(s).
3. It enables frontline officers of the Authority to determine the information of vehicle owners during the registration process in cases where vehicles were previously registered in another jurisdiction.
4. Acquiring the new drivers’ license will attract an additional Gh₵91 separate from the present charges on all other services including replacement (Gh₵64 + Gh₵91 = Gh₵155), new license (Gh₵166 +Gh₵91 = Gh₵257) and transferring a foreign license to a Ghanaian one (Gh₵364 + Gh₵91 = Gh₵445).
- Stonebwoy Wins Favorite African Star At The 2019 Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards
- Meet the Ghanaian who took a ship to the U.S. for blacks to voyage back to Africa
- Sad News: More Than 70 Dead In Tamale-Kintampo Accident, After Two Buses Collided
- I don’t Believe The Bible; Bible Stories Are Fairy tales – Actress Efia Odo
- Listen Up: Sarkodie – Friends To Enemies ft. Yung L